Around a year after the start of this challenging period, the way we perceive our home has radically changed: we have rediscovered a place to live, every day, not just in the evening after a day at work.
This is why our interior designer advises adopting beneficial solutions when designing floors or walls in the home. However, he also emphasises that they must be pleasant to live in, aesthetically harmonious and in line with the latest design trends.
What is the solution that combines all these features? Porcelain stoneware is the material that perfectly reproduces different patterns, textures and effects. It is certainly a widely used and recognised material, but we are going to take a look at its advantages, outlined by our interior designer.
Not sure which solution to choose for the various rooms in your house? With all its advantages, porcelain stoneware allows you to come up with infinite style variations.
Want to ensure that your floor or wall covering has an impactful aesthetic? Porcelain tiles have an innate stylistic appeal.
Do you need to cover floors in rooms of different sizes? No problem: stoneware is a material that adapts to different floor plans.
Not to mention its technical efficiency: choose the resistance of porcelain stoneware and the sustainability that only this material can offer you.
All these advantages are discussed in detail in the article.
Stoneware enables infinite solutions
When we talk about porcelain stoneware, we are immediately transported to different types of environments since it is renowned for being a material that allows us to design infinite furnishing solutions.
Let’s start with all the effects used for Emilgroup’s stoneware tiles:
- Wood: imbues rooms with a sense of intimacy and conveys both simplicity and character with a minimal design and just the right hints of elegance.
- Marble: excellent for softening the surface’s more classic effect, producing a very strong aesthetic impact characterised by elegance, light and harmony, an unconventional effect that enriches rooms.
- Stone: the stoneware effect you choose to create distinctive colour effects that give public and private spaces a lavish and prestigious style, combining elegance and functionality.
- Majolica: the ideal blend of refinement and vitality, it characterizes the space with incredible modernity and illuminates the rooms with highly intriguing plays of shapes and colours.
There are also effects such as:
- Terracotta: gives the tile rich veining with a timeless beauty, conveying a warm and cosy atmosphere to the whole space.
- Concrete: a striking effect that creates a feeling of peace and order. It is very natural and perfect for those looking for a simple, but characterful style.
- Ceramic: combines classicism with technical innovation, creating an elegant and classy design for different rooms. This is a safe option for those who want to furnish their homes with the best porcelain stoneware product.
- Metal: the effect for those who want to impress and amaze. It is the perfect combination of high-tech design and a super-minimalist look.
- Solid colour: these tiles allow a room’s character to emerge, creating the ideal mix between furnishings and floor or wall tiles.
- Design: a sophisticated style whose truest essence lies in material experimentations, giving rooms a unique character and personality.
Remember for each of the effects just described there are infinite combinations of colours, sizes and shapes: in other words, as our interior designer explains, porcelain stoneware, thanks to its advantages, is the key to success in designing not only our entire home, but perhaps even our shop, garden, showroom or restaurant.
It has an exceptional aesthetic appeal
In terms of the aesthetics of porcelain stoneware, here are two collections that perfectly convey the idea of the exceptional stylistic solutions that can be achieved when designing a space with this material.
A very impressive collection
We kick off with the ceramic collection inspired by limestone: Landscape by Emilceramica. An understated, minimal look distinguishes this collection and the Landscape tiles feature elegant and sophisticated veining with tone-on-tone, very bright colours.
The collection also offers extraordinary technical performance thanks to the new SilkTech technology, an innovation created in Emilgroup’s R&D laboratories, which increases porcelain stoneware’s coefficient of friction and simultaneously ensures surface softness and aesthetic and tactile pleasure.
The expressiveness of granite
Another collection that epitomises the exceptional aesthetic appeal of porcelain stoneware is Grain Stone by Ergon, a perfect combination of the magmatic power of granite, a stone with a minimal and primitive aesthetic, and the versatility of ceramic. Grain Stone is a highly expressive collection that offers designers the ability to create architectural works that will stand the test of time.
It remains attractive despite wear and tear and weather conditions when used as a floor covering in an outdoor environment. It features two warm and two cooler shades, various sizes in different textures and is completed by the Cage Decor, a series of vertical and horizontal incisions that give the surface an attractively substantial, dynamic and tactile look.
The two options, Landscape and Grain Stone, both have a high technical focus, but are perfect for creating contemporary interior and exterior design projects, combining versatility and character.